Courtesy of the California Department of Health Care Services
DHCS launched a free, 24/7 Medi-Nurse advice line (877) 409-9052 to answer questions about COVID-19 for anyone who:
· Doesn’t have insurance, or
· Is a Medi-Cal beneficiary but doesn’t have a regular doctor or managed care plan to oversee their care.
The nurses who field the questions can help callers:
· Understand if symptoms might be related to COVID-19
· Determine whether they need to self-isolate
· Decide if they need to see a doctor to get tested and/or treated
· Connect with a Medi-Cal provider who can help them get enrolled
Flyers and social media content to share are on the DHCS website (dhcs.ca.gov/medi-nurse).